Watch: New Commitments to End Malnutrition Unfold at this Nutrition for Growth Side Event
With this event, we’ve exceeded $1 billion in philanthropic commitments in this Nutrition for Growth Year of Action!
On December 6, 2021 exciting new commitments to nutrition from a diverse and growing community were announced.
Global malnutrition is one of the greatest challenges of our time. It is the leading cause of child death, and contributes to a staggering loss of educational and economic potential for people and for nations.
More targeted nutrition financing, from more diverse actors, needs to be delivered now to meet the scale of the challenge we face, and these new commitments show it’s time to start dreaming bigger to truly end malnutrition.
Commitments were delivered across three critically important themes:
- Integrated health service delivery
- Inclusive, sustainable, and nutritious food systems for all
- Innovative models of investment to transform nutrition at scale
The event was moderated by Nemat Hajeebhoy, Chief of Nutrition for Nigeria at UNICEF. In addition to diverse participation from the global nutrition community, we heard exciting commitments from leaders in private foundations including:
- Chris Elias, President, Global Development, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Roy Steiner, Senior Vice President, Food Initiative, Rockefeller Foundation
- Kim Starkey, Chief Executive Officer, King Philanthropies
- Will Moore, Chief Executive Officer, Eleanor Crook Foundation
- Tom Thorfinnson, Chief Strategy Officer, Rotary International
- Neil Buddy Shah, Managing Director, GiveWell
- Kara Weiss, Chief Executive Officer, CRI Foundation
- and many more…
About Stronger Foundations for Nutrition
Stronger Foundations for Nutrition offers the opportunity for interested private donors to:
Together, we must catalyze greater innovations in financing the nutrition agenda – making investments today that will change the course of tomorrow.
For media inquiries, please email [email protected].